Due to Friday’s “Codeco” of our government, it was necessary for ABKF to adapt again to the organization of its 2021 edition of the Winter Seminar.
Besides the fact of trying to keep the health of participants correct, we also try to maintain as much as possible the organization of the examinations in good circumstances for all.
Due to the nature of the practice of Iaido and Jodo, this hasn’t had any impact on the already decided modifications taken last week. Only the moment for the Jodo exams changed a little but if everyone (Jodo) is present at the sports center from the start of the seminar, no big issues are foreseen.
Candidates for any exam who haven’t paid their inscription fees at 12/12 will be removed from the lists. Be aware of that!
The biggest changes are for the kendo related part of the seminar:
- To avoid too large groups in training, we ask those who are not directly involved with any kendo exam to refrain to join the sports center. Of course, any junior attending the exam that day can be accompanied but in the limits set up by the government (2 persons). If any member is driving for other examination related member, he can join the practice since spectators are not allowed by the government.
- To allow a secured ventilation of the hall and avoid large rows, we have decided to split the exams in different sessions preceded by a training of +/- 1 hour to have a safe warming-up of all candidates. This training is free of charge. Those who already paid for the seminar will be refunded by bank once the weekend is over. Please read carefully the new schedule for Sunday and please avoid to arrive too early (kendo 4th & 5th candidates) or leave late (kendo ikkyu to 3rd dan candidates) the sport hall.
- ikkyu to 3rd dan candidates: training from 09h30 to 10h30 and exams starts at 11h15
- 4th & 5th dan candidates: training from 13h00 to 14h00 and exams starts at 14h30
Find the updated schedule here:
Additional information to all participants:
- Face masks are mandatory when entering the sport center and during training. Only chirurgical or FFP2 masks will be accepted during practice. Chirurgical masks will be available at ABKF desk for free.
- When wearing “men” in kendo, instead of a face mask, the use of a specific plastic “face shield” (minimum lower part) is the only option to avoid wearing the face mask. As soon as the “men” is taken off, the person is supposed to wear again its face mask.
- Follow all instructions given by our staff members. In case of no respect, instructions are given to evacuate the “trouble makers”. Please make the job for everyone easy…
- For Jury and staff members, ABKF will provide a FFP2 mask.
In case you would like to cancel your participation, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to the ABKF President, Secretary & Treasurer. We will refund your payment as long as the request arrives before 17/12/2021.
See you all in excellent health very soon!