Today, May 13th, we got the info from Zen Ken Ren that our friend and President of VKIJF, Christiaan Maes, was awarded the title of “Renshi”. Congratulations, Chris!
Our National Kendo Team at the European Kendo Championships in Gdynia (Poland).
- Daniel Delepière – leader
- Marc Namèche – manager
- Serge Hendrickx & Chieko Yano – coach
- Jean Claude Wolfs & Chris Maes – official EKF selected referees
- Xavier Roubedou, Sara Van Laecken, Aaron Vande Mergel, Makoto Grosfils & Dries Vande Mergel – junior team members
- Rachel Buysse, Arsenia Corcoba, Isha Van Alsenoy, Lisa Van Laecken & Maaike Steyaert – ladies team
- Benoit Rose, Celest Vinck, Sean Van Laecken, Geert Van Dort, Peter D’Hont, Carrol Tange & Wesley Haeke – men team
First day of the event, Junior team & individuals & Ladies team competitions.
Our Junior team came out of its pool as first country by winning from Russia & Czech Republic but lost at the 1/4 finals from Spain at the end of an extra match (ippon shobu). In the individual tournament, the situation was a little more difficult but all members did well. The result was finally a “Fighting Spirit” award for our “National” Sara.
Ladies team had to meet Hungary & Czech Republic. A draw against Hungary whom won against the Czech and a loss of our members against the Czech made the story of the Ladies team come to an end at this first day of the 24th EKC.
Saturday, May 7th, Men team matches’ day… Belgian team became first of his pool by winning from Latvia & Russia. In the league matches, won from Macedonia but at the end lost in 1/4 final from Switzerland. European champion this year is Hungary who beat Italy. At the end of the day, another “fighting spirit” for our team by Wesley Haeke.
Sunday, last day of the Championships… Ladies & Men individuals…
All Belgian participants did very well (more details later) but news of fthe day is… another “Fighting Spirit” award for the delegation. This time, Rachel Buysse got the price for the quality of her matches…
After the closing ceremony, a quick run to another gym for the Dan examinations… besides the “regular” 1st to 5th dan, we have 6 new 6th dan and 2 new 7th dan in Europe.
At the moment, we’re writing these words, the sayonara party just started…
All complete results at the official website.
Afin de venir en aide et soutenir la population japonaise face à la catastrophe qui la frappe, l’ABKF, met en place une collecte de dons. Ceux-ci seront remis à la Croix Rouge Japonaise.
Si vous souhaitez aider le Japon et notamment les pratiquants qui ont été pour certains très sévèrement touchés par la catastrophe à Sendai, vous pouvez adresser votre don à l’ABKF par virement bancaire en mentionnant « ABKF. Solidarité Japon ».
La collecte sera ouverte jusqu’au 30 avril 2011.
Teneinde hulp te verlenen aan de Japanse bevolking die te kampen heeft met de catastrofe die zich voordeed, organiseert ABKF een geldinzameling. Deze zal overhandigt worden aan het Japanse Rode Kruis.
Indien U Japan en, de beoefenaars in de region van Sendai die erg getroffen werden, wil helpen, kan U uw bijdrage richten per overschrijving tot ABKF. Vermeld hierbij “ABKF Solidariteit Japan”
De inzameling zal lopen tot 30 April 2011.
March 27th was beside the annual Katsumata sensei’s seminar for Iaido also the moment for the Belgian “Open” Kendo Championships. Three individual categories & one team tournament were held in Forest/Vorst.
At the end of the day, we had following results in each of the categories:
- Ans van Eupen (Kenseikan)
- Arsenia Corcoba (Meibukan)
- Isha Van Alsenoy (Kojika & Annick Pollet (Isshin Dotai)
- Makoto William Grosfils (Wakakoma Kenshi Kai)
- Aaron Vande Mergel (Kenseikan)
- Xavier Roubedou (Kojika) & Hugo Wolsolsobe (Yu-Hi)
- Yusuke Nakamura (Wakakoma Kenshi Kai)
- Carrol Tange (Meibukan)
- Rens van Eupen & Stef Vande Mergel (Kenseikan)
- Kojika “A”
- Wakakoma Kenshi Kai
- Meibukan & Seishinkan “A”
Fighting Sipirt prices:
- Sanne Tambeur (Seishinkan)
- Théodore Jacquart (Wakakoma Kenshi Kai)
- Celest Vinck (Seishinkan)
- Julien Waseige (Meibukan Liège)
Outstanding performance of the Belgium delegation in the European Iaido Championship at Paris 13 & 14 November 2010 where 22 countries were represented.
The Belgian competitors participated in 5 of the 7 finals of the individual EIC and in the final of the team EIC.